Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Of coincidences !

2nd week Feb 11

There is a website associated with Berkeley institute that has a compilation of many riddles. Discovered it yesterday, it was like the hottest thing going on in our group, solving those puzzles. Morning session, computer networks, and I was discussing with Seagate about the website and hence about Berkeley. I just happened to look up at the slides put up by the prof. It was about some sockets. Now, the Berkeley institute doesn’t have any sort of connection with computer networks, nor does its riddles. But, still the 4th type of sockets happened to be Berkeley sockets! We hadn’t heard or seen the word Berkeley till day before yesterday!

12 Feb 11

It was going to be a particularly boring lecture, so the moment Ma’am stepped in, the class started demanding an ‘off’. The Ma’am, living up to her tedious, wearisome image, began wailing that she shouldn’t accept such behavior. She suggested that before commencing, you can tell her how much time would we want to just while away, she would allow the same, but once she starts, no interrupting. So she asked how much we need, and waited for a non-existent answer. It was then that it happened. Raj was sitting to my right, Seagate to my left. I, and Seagate, both said the amount of time we required, only that we weren’t talking to each other; I was murmuring to Raj, and Seagate was just saying out loud to no one in particular. Neither were we on the same topic previously. But somehow, we both suggested 47 minutes, and then looked at each other, astonished.

13 Feb 11

I had just woken up. About 7 a.m. I had a dream about her, first time that she had taken the efforts to come in my dreams, that I had received a facebook message from her, saying (I remember word by word), ‘’I have a noobish question about……. and the question followed”, which was perfectly in context and was valid, but not important here. I was colon capital D. I was going through my morning routines, when I wondered, could it be at all plausible (I had many previous instances of déjà vu), and wanted to check fb immediately. But it then it hit me, she doesn’t use the word ‘noob’, and so dismissed the possibility. 15 minutes later, I logged in to my fb account. Don’t worry, the message wasn’t actually there! Good lord, that would have been an extremely astounding story. Aso. I was going through the news feed on my wall, when I stopped abruptly at my friend Salmon’s status update, which was put up 4 hours ago, about time when I was maybe having the dream. The status, unconcerned about the person reading it, preached: ‘ Did you know that when someone appears in your dream, it’s because that person misses you. –Psychological fact.’ I was colon capital O!

No comments:

Post a Comment